Delightful Sabbath e-Award (All classes)
LIVE VIDEO RECORDING
DOWNLOAD THE PDF PRESENTATION
a. What day of the week is Sabbath?
b. What is the first word of the 4th Commandment?
c. Whom does the 4th Commandment say created everything?
d. Will the Sabbath ever cease to exist? Explain.
e. Based on what you read, why should we look forward to the Sabbath?
2. Decorate a Sabbath box and place items inside that will help make your Sabbaths more enjoyable. Some examples are:
a. Bible stories books
b. List of Sabbath activities
c. Clay or play dough to illustrate Bible stories
d. Christian activity books
e. Your ideas
3. Complete two or more of the following projects that can be added to your Sabbath box:
a. Start a mini scrapbook or photo album to save special Sabbath pictures and memories in.
b. Decorate a small votive candle holder with beads, gems, or other embellishments to be used on Friday night to welcome in the Sabbath.
c. Make a Sabbath banner.
d. Start a Sabbath sermon sketchbook to record notes and small drawings for at least 2 sermons that you attend.
e. Make a Sabbath door hanger to use as a reminder of Sabbath.
f. Make a Sabbath/Creation-themed mobile with colorful beads and nature items
4. Tell a friend some of your favorite things about Sabbath and show your Sabbath box to them.
5. Have a “Welcome Sabbath” get together on Friday night with some friends, Adventurer families, or your own family at home.
- The goal is discovery of what the Bible says about the Sabbath. Use easily understood but accurate translations of these passages
- Sabbath boxes are those places where children store special games and activities that can only be used/played with on Sabbath. It may be a rubbermaid/clear storage box or basket. The goal is to create something that they look forward to opening on Friday evening.
- These activities should be family-based activities with a simple report to the person “checking off” the requirement.
- This may be a simple “pair-share” activity. Pair-shares have the two partners face each other (sitting preferred, criss cross applesauce!). The leader asks the question, then each person has about 30 seconds to answer the question. RAPID paced questions are essential to the fun!
- Have a vespers at the church where all the kids bring their Sabbath Boxes and demonstrate/share something their family is using out of the box to make Sabbath special. Other ideas include: having a Friday evening “traditions of our Friday night” meal together. Each family brings an item that is/will be a family Friday night meal tradition. Celebrate the intentionality that families are doing to help make Sabbath special for their children.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements of the award you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online and print off the confirmation for your folders.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.