The World Conference on Youth and Community Service is sponsored by the General Conference Youth Ministries Department and occurs every five years.
The overall vision of this event is: to Equip, Empower, Engage a Generation of Spirit-Filled Leaders to pass on the Legacy of Reformation.
The Objectives are:
- To Celebrate God’s grace as a global family of Adventist youth;
- To Reaffirm the Power of One; to foster and develop friendship, community, and global unity among the diversity of nations and cultures that our world church represents;
- To Embrace our destiny as heirs of the Reformation;
- To Focus on Leadership for all levels of youth ministry;
- To launch new global resources for youth ministry—Master Guides, Ambassadors, and Young Adults;
- To mobilize a global Discipleship movement to extend God’s Kingdom worldwide;
- To re-establish Mission as a priority for global youth;
- To provide firsthand experience in front-line Mission and Service.
Every young person who is called to leadership needs to be there. All those currently involved in any form of youth leadership, professionals and volunteers, need to be there. All divisions, unions, conferences, churches, and educational institutions are urged to mobilize their young people and their leaders for this life-changing event.
Congress Programme download
Master Guide Investiture
During the GYMC, there will be a large investiture for Master Guide and Youth Leadership Master, formerly known as the Youth Leadership Award. All prospective participants will need to be recommended by the conference Pathfinder director or mission Pathfinder sponsor. This is a unique opportunity for the leaders in training to be invested in a World Congress. This has never been done before and we’ll like to see a massive group of leaders in the Congress being invested and representing the reality of “Give Them the Keys”.
GC Accommodation options and prices
Registration is likely to open in spring 2017.
For more information, please check the GC Youth Ministries website