Category: Health & Science
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION (high res)
DOWNLOAD THE PDF PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
1. Successfully complete a class sponsored by either the national Heart Association in your country, the International (or country specific) Red Cross, or an equivalent under a certified instructor in order to properly learn and demonstrate one-person CPR. This must be within the past 12 months.
2. Know and understand the location and function of the heart and lungs.
3. Define CPR and tell five conditions under which it would be used.
4. Understand Prudent Heart Living. List five things a person can do to maintain a healthy heart.
5. Develop, maintain, and keep a record of a personalized program in exercise, health, and diet habits for one month.
6. Learn the significance of the colours and design used on the honour token for this honor as follows:
a. The person needing CPR is white, signifying no circulation.
b. The person giving CPR is red, signifying a very alive person.
c. The background of purple signifies loyalty or commitment.
d. The border of gold speaks to the value of the human life.
e. A heart is formed by the head, shoulders, and arms of the person performing the CPR, signifying compassion for another individual.e-HONOUR
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.