Pathfinder Song Recording ProjectThank you for your interest in this exciting project! We are so thrilled that renowned composer and conductor Ken Burton was willing to help us with the backing track for the Pathfinder song and that singer and Pastor Paul King-Brown helped create the backing track for the Adventurer song.
LISTEN TO THE ADVENTURER SONG VIRTUAL CHOIR RECORDING HERE!
What is the project about?
To commemorate this time that we have spent together during lockdown we wanted to record a virtual Adventurer and Pathfinder choir singing their songs.
The Adventurer song is complete (click on the link above to listen) and now we invite the Pathfinders to join our online choir!
What equipment do I need?
A mobile phone with camera to record sound and/or video
A second device (tablet or computer) to play the backing track into your headphones
How does the recording work?
1. Listen to the different backing tracks for your language group.
2. Once you are familiar with the recording, choose one that you feel comfortable singing along to.
3. Have a practice run or two! Sing along out loud to the backing track until you are comfortable with the timings etc.
4. When you are happy, you'll need to play the backing track through your headphones (maybe in one ear only so that you can hear yourself with the other ear). When the recording comes through, we shouldn't be able to hear the backing at all.
5. Set up your phone or recording device so that it will record your voice clearly and if you would like, a video of your head and shoulders (landscape) as well.
6. Please wear your uniforms if you are recording a video!
7. Sing along to the track playing in your earphones, and create your recording.
8. Remember to sing the whole song from start to finish in your chosen language.
9. Save the recording then visit our upload website:
10. Upload your recording!
1. We can't guarantee that all recordings will be used. Please don't be disappointed if you do not see your video - it is possible that your vocals were included, but not necessarily your video recording, or vice versa.
2. By uploading your recording, you are giving the British Union Conference and its entities permission to use it in conjunction with this song project as we deem appropriate.
3. We will not identify children by their full names.
4. The final edit will be played on social media platforms, including the BUC websites, news channels, Facebook, YouTube etc. If you are not comfortable with your image or voice being published in this way, please do not participate.
Click below for the words of the Pathfinder song
SONG BACKING TRACK - WITH VOCALS - LISTEN HERE
SONG BACKING TRACK - WITH CUES - LISTEN HERE
SONG BACKING TRACK - WITH SPOKEN CUES - LISTEN HERE
We can't wait to hear this beautiful choir so please send in your recordings as quickly as you can!