Cacti e-Honour (& Cacti Advanced)
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
DOWNLOAD THE ADVANCED WORKSHEET
1. Name the chief characteristics of a cactus.
2. Mention three uses of cacti.
3. In what places are cacti most plentiful? Why?
4. Know and identify from life or pictures 15 species of cacti.
5. Photograph, observe or sketch at least 10 species of cacti and classify them, or grow at least three different species of cacti.
CACTI ADVANCED REQUIREMENTS
1. What are succulents?
2. Identify from plants or photos five succulents that are not cacti. How are they different from cacti?
3. Know the definitions of the following terms within a cacti/succulents frame of reference.
- a. Areole
- b. Cephalium
- c. Coalesce
- d. Corymb
- e. Diurnal
- f. Epiphyte
- g. Glochid
- h. Nocturnal
- i. Offshoot
- j. Panicle
- k. Scale
- l. Stolon
- m. Zygomorphic
5. Propagate at least one plant by using one of the following methods: from seed, by cuttings, or grafting.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.