Caring Friend e-Award (Helping Hand)
DOWNLOAD THE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
1. Explain what it means to be a Caring Friend. Find, read, and memorize 1 Peter 5:7.
2. Talk to a person and ask the following:
a. The day and month they were born
b. Their favorite animals
c. Two of their favorite colors
d. Three favorite foods
e. Four things that are important to them
f. Have your new friend tell you some interesting thing that has happened in his or her life.
3. Visit a shut-in or older person and take something to them. Use the questions listed above as you talk together.
4. Tell one of the persons you visit how Jesus loves you and that He loves them also.
5. Demonstrate how you can be a caring person to your parents by:
a. Helping to keep your room clean
b. Helping with food preparation or cleanup after a meal
c. Doing extra chores without being told
6. Tell about something special you have done for a friend.
1. Discuss ways Adventurers can be caring friends. For example, be kind to an older person, your playmates, or siblings. Take a cool glass of water or a bouquet of flowers to someone who is ill. Share a book or game. Make a list as the children describe ways to be a caring friend at home, church, and school. Learn and discuss 1 Peter 5:7.
2. Have the Adventurers write down the birthday (month and day) so they can send or take a card or flowers to surprise their new friend on his or her birthday. The questions are designed to encourage the children to visit with their new friends.
3. Encourage the Adventurers to take something to a shut-in and to visit them using the questions in requirement two as a basis for their conversation. Suggestions: a basket with flowers, a picture the child has drawn and colored, or a craft item the child created.
4. Discuss with the children about their feelings toward God and how they can express His love to others.
5. Encourage the children to do "sweet surprises" or find ways where they can be helpers at home without being asked to do a certain task.
6. Encourage the Adventurers to share their experiences with the group.e-AWARD
We suggest that for the presentation elements of the award you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online and print off the confirmation for your folders.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.