Christian Grooming & Manners e-Honour
Category: Spiritual Growth, Outreach & Heritage
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
POWERPOINT PRESENTATION for download
WORKSHEET FOR DOWNLOAD
The better posture exercises from 3ABN can be found here
1. What well-balanced combination of strengths did Jesus develop as a growing youth? (Luke 2:52)
2. According to Psalm 8, what estimate does God place on your personal worth?
3. Are names important to God? Does He know your name? (Isa. 43:1; Ex. 33:17; Isa. 45:4)
4. Demonstrate or discuss proper conversational skills, including:
a. The proper way to talk to older people in public
b. How to address people and make proper introductions
c. Questions to avoid
d. How to think of pleasant things to say
e. How to show concern for the feelings of others
f. What to say when you answer the door
g. How to answer the telephone correctly
5. If you want to use your gift of speech to God's glory, what should your prayer be? (Psalm 19:14).
6. List seven points showing the power of correct posture. Check your posture and body profile. Demonstrate how to stand and sit correctly. Read Education, page 198, paragraph 3, and note the benefits mentioned that come to you as a result of correct posture.
7. Give two reasons why physical fitness is important. Explain the relationship between proper diet, exercise and weight control.
8. Tell the importance of proper grooming, including bathing, body hygiene, breath; proper care of clothes, shoes, etc.
9. Describe the proper way to wash your hair and care for your "hair tools."
10. Describe the proper care for your hands and fingernails.
11. Know the importance of daily "soul-grooming" and of building a Christian character, and why "belonging to Christ" makes a difference in the way you dress and act.
12. Discuss Scriptural guidelines that will help you cope with your sexuality and keep your thought-life clean. Discuss intelligently the "do's" and "don'ts" of dating.
13. List four reasons why your face is important to you and show how the way you exercise and sleep can improve your facial appearance. What relationship do thoughts have to facial "print-out"? Describe proper facial care.
14. Know the rules of table etiquette which make it easier for you and those around you, such as what to do with your knife and fork after using them. Know how to be a welcome dinner guest and a joy to your hostess.
15. List ten principles to help you overcome self-consciousness and social embarrassment.
For Young Ladies
16. Demonstrate two exercises that will improve your posture, trim your hips, waist, thighs and stomach.
17. Know how to choose a hair style that makes you look your best.
18. Tell the proper style of clothes to wear if you are tall, plump, short, thin, have a heavy hipline, or full bosom.
19. Demonstrate the correct way to put on a coat or outer wrap.
For Young Men
20. Tell how to have well-groomed hair and how to choose a hairstyle that makes you look your best.
21. List clothing rules and the proper style of clothes to wear if you are tall and thin, or short and chubby.
22. Tell why Christians should practice good manners. Demonstrate how to seat a girl or woman at a table, and how to properly escort a lady from her home to a social function.e-HONOUR
Homework: please set the dining table for your family every day for one week. If you don't have a dining table, please set trays for each of your family members or lay out a picnic mat with places for each person.
Parents will need to confirm you have done this by writing a note for your folder.
We suggest that for the presentation elements of the honour you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.