Feeding Ministries e-Honour
Category: Spiritual Growth, Outreach & Heritage
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE POWERPOINT
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
1. Read the story of Jesus feeding the multitude in Matthew 14:15-21.
2. Read an article on the topic of world hunger. Discuss with your Pathfinder Club, unit or class methods which can be used to combat hunger.
3. Ask a person who is involved in a community food bank, food pantry or soup kitchen in your area about the types of people they serve, what causes food needs in the community, and how they meet these needs. Take notes.
4. Collect at least 10 non-perishable food items for a local community food pantry, the nearest Adventist Community Services center, or Adventist church for distribution to those in need.
Alternate Requirement: Assemble a food box for an organization that distributes food to those in need.
5. Volunteer in a soup kitchen for at least one meal or food bank or pantry for at least two hours. This can be done as a group project with others in your Pathfinder Club or school.
Alternate Requirement: Prepare and distribute six sack lunches to the needy or homeless.
We suggest that for the presentation elements of the honour you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.