God's Messenger e-Honour
Category: Spiritual, Outreach, Heritage
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
Pathfinders will have 3 options available to meet the requirements for this honor.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the following. This is best done as a group and will likely involve group study and work. Additionally, creative projects such as posters, displays, presentations, and board games could be ways to demonstrate your understanding.
- The basic facts of the life of EGW including such events as:
- “The stone” / Illness
- Millerism years / Great Disappointment
- Calling / First Vision
- Marriage / Parenthood
- Battle Creek years
- Role in Adventist Church formation
- Distinctive doctrinal visions (health, missions, Righteousness by Faith) Australia years / Europe
- California years / death
- Some basic historical setting including such events as:
- Spiritual climate: Second Great Awakening / Millerism / Great Disappointment
- Social climate
- Political climate
- An idea of the range and types of books she wrote
- Books written directly by Ellen White
- Books written/compiled by Ellen White from articles, pamphlets or letters
- Periodical articles
- Letters & other Manuscripts
- Compilations by the White Estate (from Ellen White’s writings)
- Devotional Books
- Modern Adaptations (Steps to Jesus; Messiah) This list developed from http://www.whiteestate.org/books/booklist.asp
- The biblical idea of Inspiration -- Discuss the following:
- How do we determine what is considered inspired writing? Texts: 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:20-21
- How did God use prophets and other Bible writers to record His messages to His people? Does it seem that God was the “penman” (verbal inspiration) or rather guided the writer to record his message without error (thought inspiration)? Which view do Protestant Christians believe to be true? Why?
- Does God promise to guide or give messages to His people in all times and places? Texts: Amos 3:7; Joel 2:28-32
- The biblical tests of a prophet -- Define or discuss how each of the following Bible texts outlines the Biblical tests of a Prophet
- Isaiah 8:20 (Deuteronomy 13:1-4; 2 Chronicles 24:19, 20; 1 John 4:2, 3)
- Jeremiah 28:9 / Deuteronomy 18:22
- John 4:22
- Matthew 7:20
- Discuss the following:
- What are some of the ways in which Ellen White fulfills the biblical tests of a prophet.
- What does the Adventist Church believe is the relationship between Ellen White’s writings and the Bible? OR
- Score 200 points or more in the allotted time on the Pitcairn Game at the website http://honor.ellenwhite.org/game/index.htm. OR
- Score 200 points or more on the Pitcairn Game by using the free app available for Mac devices at the App store and for Android devices at Google Play.
Note: This honor could be completed within the 10th Grade Bible curriculum in Adventist Academies. Textbook: His Story In Our Time (Unit 2 - Adventist History)
References: Ellen White Estate: http://www.whiteestate.org/books/bhp/bhpc06.html Andrews University: http://www.andrews.edu/~fortind/EGWTest.htme-HONOUR
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.