Guide e-Award (Busy Bee)
LIVE VIDEO RECORDING
DOWNLOAD THE PDF PRESENTATION
1. Describe the work of a Guide.
2. Tell the locations of four of the following and be able to give directions from your home to reach them:
a. post office
c. phone booth
d. police station
f. fire station
g. grocery store
i. (Bonus): defibrillator
3. Tell how to ask for directions and whom you should ask.
4. Organize a trip for a few friends to visit one of the following in your area:
c. interesting sight
d. fire station
e. police station
5. Draw a simple map of your neighborhood, including your house, or give a friend directions to your house.
6. You have been a guide to different places, but who does the Bible say is our true Guide? (See Psalm 48:14.)
1. A guide is someone who helps you find your way.
2. Do not expect the Adventurers to use direction words such as north, south, east, and west. They should give street names and number of blocks, if available.
3. To receive good directions, the Adventurer must ask good questions. Children should get directions from people known to them, police officers, teachers, or other officials.
4. Help the Adventurers plan transportation, invitations, things to see and do, etc. When the trip is over, lead a discussion about what was done and seen.
5. Some children will need assistance with this project.
6. Read the text together and discuss its meaning.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements of the award you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online and print off the confirmation for your folders.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.