Gymnast e-Award (Builder)
LIVE VIDEO RECORDING
DOWNLOAD THE PDF PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD REQUIREMENTS DETAILS
DOWNLOAD ADVENTURER CHECKLIST
1. Have the Fitness Fun Award.
2. Perform at least five different warm-ups. Be able to lead warm-ups and stretches at the start of a class.
3. Practise making a high jump. Record the best of four.
4. Practise making a long jump. Record the best of four.
5. Run 50 meters in ten seconds.
6. Do the following:
a. Backward roll
c. Back bend
d. Backward straddle roll
e. Dive roll
f. Head stand
g. Forward straddle roll
h. Beam walk
1. Adventurers must have completed the requirements for the Fitness Fun Award before they begin this award. All gymnastic activities must be closely supervised by an adult.
2. Ideal warm-ups for children include skipping, hopping, jumping jacks, animal walks (elephant, crab, kangaroo, frog, bunny), jogging in place, jumping rope, etc. Have each child lead a warm-up session. Stretch legs, back, wrists, hands, ankles (rotate in circles), head (lean from side to side and hold).
3. Record the best of four.
4. Record the best of four.
5. Use a stopwatch or a watch with a second hand to measure the time.
6. Positions: stretch/layout, pike, tuck. Regarding the movements:
a. For safety, make sure your hands are placed on the floor by your shoulders when you perform a backward roll.
b. Keep arms and legs straight, fingers toward each other.
c. Stand and slowly lean backward, lowering hands to the floor. Back bridge: Push up from the floor. Backbend: From a standing position, slowly arch back until hands touch the floor.
d. From a standing straddle position, lean back placing hands between legs, as you roll hands go to shoulders, as in a back roll, and end in straddle stretch.
e. Practise dive rolls, staying tightly tucked for safety.
f. From a three-point frog stand, slowly raise legs to a straight position.
g. From a standing straddle, position place hands between legs with fingers facing forward, tuck head and roll. Hands push off the floor and end with a standing stretch.
h. Walk on a balance beam, touching foot to knee each time you step.
i. Execute a handstand, kicking up and down by yourself. Practice with a spotter until you can do handstands alone.
Keep in mind that some youngsters will find gymnastics easier than others. Make it fun and praise their efforts. Have an adult "spotter" nearby to avoid injuries.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements of the award you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online and print off the confirmation for your folders.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.