Heart & Circulation e-Honour
Category: Health & Science
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
- Describe the basic function of the following parts of the circulatory system: heart, blood vessels, blood, and lungs.
- Describe the major difference between arteries and veins. What is a capillary and what is its function?
- Identify two locations for measuring your pulse. Demonstrate your ability to accurately take someone's pulse.
- Record your resting pulse rate, then exercise strenuously (ie jog, swim laps, climb stairs, etc.) for 10 minutes. Retake your pulse immediately after exercising, and then again after five minutes. Do this each day for one week recording your results on a chart or a graph. Did the exercise affect your heart rate?
- Make a simple stethoscope and listen so someone's heart beat.
- List at least five things you can do to keep your heart healthy. Put these into practice if you have not been doing so already.
- What is cholesterol and how is it related to arteriosclerosis?
- What is a heart attack and what are its symptoms? How can CPR help?
- What is an ECG and how is it used by a doctor?
- Find five verses in the Bible that refer to your heart. Memorise two of them.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.