Home Nursing e-Honour
Category: Health & Science
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
- Have the First Aid Honour.
- What foods are included in the following diets:
- Know the symptoms of a fever. Know how to take a person's temperature. Know how to bring a high temperature down.
- Know what is a normal pulse rate, respiration rate, and temperature. Practice taking the pulse rate, respiration rate, and temperature of a friend or classmate.
- What is a communicable disease? How is it transmitted? What precautions should be followed to guard against communicable diseases? List safety measures to be observed when caring for a person with a communicable disease in the home.
- What symptoms tell you that a person is physically ill?
- Know how to help take care of a newborn and an aged person in your home.
- Know when and how to wash your hands when caring for a sick person.
- Know how to make a bedridden patient comfortable in bed.
- Show how to feed a helpless patient in bed.
- Show how to give liquid medicine and tablets, pills, or capsules to children and adults. Know how to properly apply eye drops.
- Demonstrate the method of giving fomentations and foot baths. Explain the value of their use and tell the conditions under which such treatments should be given.
- Demonstrate the application of a healing compress and the use of heat and cold for the treatment of inflammation and bruises.
- Explain how the following natural remedies help in preventing disease: (Note how the first letter of each one spells NEW START.)
- Trust in God
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.