Category: Arts & Crafts
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
- Explain the principles of camera construction, what the camera lens does, the effect of light upon the sensitive film, and the action of developers.
- What is meant by the "speed" of the film? What does ASA/ISO mean?
- How are shutter speed, lens aperture, and film speed related?
- Give the principal uses of photography.
- Take print or slide pictures illustrating at least eight of the following techniques. Use comparison pictures for illustration:
Direction of lighting - front, backlighting, side
Panning - background blurred with subject in focus
Rule of thirds
Angle - eye level, high and low angle
Distance from subject - fill the frame
Use of leading lines
Quality of light - shade, sunlight, and time of day
Correct exposure - underexposed, overexposed, and correctly exposed
Use of flash - distance and reflective objects
- Do one of the following:
Tell how black and white film is developed into negatives and how prints are made.
Develop and print eight of your own pictures, explaining each step.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.