Physical Fitness e-Honour
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
1. List ten benefits of being physically fit.
2. Know how the following help to achieve a balance for your body:
b. Proper eating
c. Emotional stability
3. Define the following exercises:
4. Know the meaning of the principles involved in the following exercise program:
a. Warm up
b. Aerobic exercises
c. Cool down
5. Know how to determine your heart rate at rest and after exercise.
6. Know how to determine the minimum rate at which your heart should be beating to obtain the best aerobic conditioning effect.
7. Using the four steps given in requirement 4, do a regular exercise program at least four times a week for three months. Keep a chart of the following:
a. Type of warm-up exercises performed
b. Type of aerobic exercises performed
c. How long aerobic exercises were performed
d. Type of calisthenics performed
For each exercise period, maintain the minimum heart rate determined in requirement 7 for a period of at least 20 minutes.
We suggest that for the presentation elements of the honour you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.