Skill Level: 2
Original Honour: 2020
Originating Institution: British Union / Adventist Review Ministries
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
REQUIREMENTS & PREREQUISITES INFORMATION
A Podcast is a digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or
mobile device, typically available as a series, new instalments of which can be received by
● https://www.pathfindersonline.org/honors/vocational/211-internet [Internet Honour]
● Have access to Broadband Internet
● Access to a Microphone (USB, or Studio)
● iTunes, TuneIn, BuzzSprout or PodBean account
● Audio Editing software (Adobe Audition, Audacity, ProTools, GarageBand)
● Recommended devices: iPhone 8 or above, Samsung Galaxy S10+ or S20+ or Note10+,
Huawei P30, Google Pixel 4, Sony Xperia 5 or above.
● https://www.pathfindersonline.org/honors/vocational/213-journalism [Journalism
1. Define the following terms
i. Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
j. Audio Normalization
2. Demonstrate familiarity with recording hardware
a. Microphone (characteristics, choice of mic for type of recording)
c. USB Interface to Computer
d. Smartphone (use of smart phone to record a podcast)
3. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of 1 DAW (example: Adobe Audition, ProTools,
a. Record a simple interview with 2 people (minimum of 5 minutes)
b. Mix in some royalty-free music
d. Export to WAV
e. Compress to MP3
4. Demonstrate proficiency in publishing your Podcast
a. Create an account on a Podcast Aggregator
b. Publish your Podcast
c. Validate the RSS code
d. Show the published podcast online
5. Share with a group of friends / family the many ways Podcasting can be used for
evangelism & nurture. Reflect on the following bible texts (Mat 28:19-20, John 20:21,
Acts 1:8, Acts 13:47, Romans 1:16, 2 Timothy 4:2, 1 Cor 9:16, 1 Peter 3:!5) as to how
podcasting contributes to fulfilling these instructions.
6. Share with a group, your favorite podcasts (at least 2 Adventist & 2 secular podcasts).
7. Teach another person (perhaps someone less tech-savvy) to search for podcast topics
and subscribe & journal that experience.
8. Extras (not required for qualification, but recommended for personal interest)
a. Review the different types/styles & genres of podcasts
b. Understanding of script writing techniques and principles
c. Achieve the journalism honour:
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.