Category: Arts & Crafts
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
Link to The Postal Museum postcard blog
Ruler, Scissors, Pencil
1 sheet of white card stock paper (80 to 120 lb paper)
Box – An adult size shoe box works. But any box at least 4.5 inch x 6 inches so that postcards can be stored in the box
Items to decorate your box. Examples - Wrapping paper, construction paper, markers, crayons, stickers, ribbon…
- Relate briefly the story of the beginning of the postcards in your country.
- How was your country’s postal system affected by the coming of postcards?
- What are the mailing rates for postcards and letters in your country?
- What is the term used in your country for postcards collecting?
- Give a brief description of each of the following eras of postcards:
- Pre-postcard era
- Pioneer era
- Private mailing card era
- Undivided back era
- Divided back era
- Early modern era (White Border)
- Linen card era
- Photo chrome era
- Briefly describe each type of postcards:
- View cards
- Greeting cards
- Historical cards
- Art cards
- Photographic cards
- Show and label a picture of a postcard from each of the above eras.
- Have some knowledge of preserving postcards.
- Make a collection of at least 50 postcards. (No two postcards alike.) Your collection MUST include the following:
- Begin your arrangement with a postcard of a religious nature
- Postcards from at least 10 states/provinces/countries
- Postcards from at least 2 other countries that are not your own
- Arrange the collection of postcards in a suitable display and display at a pathfinder’s event.
- How were greetings sent in Biblical times? 2 Cor 13:13, Phil 4:21 or 2 John 13.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.