Stamping Fun Art e-Award (Helping Hands)
Category: Arts and Crafts
LIVE VIDEO RECORDING
DOWNLOAD THE PDF PRESENTATION
1. What letter did God send to us?
Memorize: Exodus 32:16 KJV
Read Exodus 34:4 & Esther 3:10
Was there something stamped or written in the 2 texts above?
2. Find three or more people in the Bible who wrote a leter to personal friends or churches.
3. Name a few projects you can do using rubber stamps.
4. What material do you need to do a rubber stamp project?
5. Learn and demonstrate 3 to 5 stamping techniques such as suggested below:
a. Two step stamping
b. Decorating with chalk
c. Decorating with markers
d. Using watercolour pencils
e. Masking image
6. Explain how to care for rubber stamps.
7. Make 3 different projects to give to a friend or family members.
To remind us that God wants to stamp His character on each of our hearts and lives. God wrote the Bible as a love letter to us.
1. The Bible. God’s second book is nature.
2. In the New Testament Paul, James, Peter and Jude wrote letters to friends and churches.
3. You can use rubber stamps for art projects that show love, appreciation, and creativity through.
a. Hand made greeting cards
b. Book marks, tags, decorating paper, bags to wrap gifts
c. Scrapbooking supplies
4. Basic Materials:
White card or different colours of craft cards, rubber stamps, stamp pads, Versa mark pad, stamping sponges, sponge tip applicators, Q-tips. Stamp cleaner, stamping chalks, markers, watercolour pencils, blender pen, glue stick or pen, double stick adhesive tape, mounting squares, glitter, punches, decorative ribbons.
5. Stamping techniques.
a. Two step stamping: stamp the base image with lighter ink and overlay or adjoining image with darker ink
b. Decorating with chalk: stamp image with a Versa mark ink pad or whisper craft stamping
pad then apply chalk colour using sponge tip or cotton swab to fill in colour
c. Decorating with markers: use different color markers to apply colour directly to the stamp, blow onto the ink image to remoisten the ink with your breath; before stamping onto paper
d. Using water colour pencils: Stamp image onto paper. Outline a section of the stamped image with a water colour pencil, then use a damp brush or blend pen to move colour where desired.
e. Masking image: stamp image on cardstock, stamp it again on a piece of scratch paper. Cut carefully around the scratch paper image cutting just inside the lines, this will be the mask. Place the mask on top of the cardstock image and stamp the desired image over the mask. Remove the mask so the new image will “disappear” behind the first one.
6. Clean the stamps after each use, especially the changing colours. Use a stamp cleaner bottle with scrubber or roll on applicator top. A cellulose sponge works best because it does not break down. The sponge may be dampened with plain water, or add 1 or 2 drops of dish soap to the water, then blot dry with paper towel. Alcohol-free baby wipes also work well for cleaning stamps. Never soak rubber stamps in water or use oil based solvent to clean the stamps.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements of the award you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online and print off the confirmation for your folders.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.