WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
- 1. What are the characteristics of a taiga?
- 2. What or other names are used for the taiga biome?
- 3. What two countries contain most of the taiga?
- 4. What biome is found north and south of the taiga?
- 5. What biome is often found in low-lying pockets within the taiga?
- 6. What is permafrost and where can it be found?
- 7. What trees are commonly found in the taiga? Be able to identify them.
- 8. Which coniferous tree in the taiga looses its needles in the fall and grows new ones in the spring?
- 9. What non-flowering plants are common in the taiga? Be able to identify them.
- 10. What animals are commonly found in the taiga? Be able to identify them.
- 11. What birds are common in the Taiga? Be able to identify them.
- 12. How does fire affect the taiga?
- 13. What two important resources are provided to us by the taiga?
- 14. Learn about one invasive species that affect the taiga.
- 15. Prepare an object lesson about a plant or animal or bird that lives in the taiga. Tell this lesson at a club worship. Be sure to include a bible text in this presentation.
- 16. Do at least two of the following activities:
- a. Visit an exhibit or conservatory of coniferous tree species.
- b. Make a collection of at least 5 types of coniferous tree leaves.
- c. Visit a zoo where there are animals typical of the taiga biome.
- d. Watch a DVD or video about the taiga or plants or animals that live in the taiga.
- e. Draw or paint a picture of something you had fun learning about while studying the taiga.
- f. As a group, make a short video about a real life taiga conservation project. Explain why this specific habitat should be saved.
- g. Visit a lumber store and learn to identify by their grain texture at least 3 species of trees that grow in the taiga.
- h. Visit the Taiga and take pictures of some of the plants and animals.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.