Category: Health & Science
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PDF PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
1. What is the Gustatory System?
2. Define the word ‘taste’.
3. What are the taste buds?
4. Name the 5 (FIVE) taste sensations?
5. Identify the parts of the Gustatory System.
6. Explain how taste is related to our other senses?
7. Is our taste preference genetically decided or is it trained? Explain.
8. What are the treatment options for someone who has lost their sense of taste?
9. Quote 5 (FIVE) Bible texts that refer to our sense of taste.
10. Perform a Blind Taste Test with a minimum of 10 (TEN) foods.
The easiest way is to do this is with a parent, guardian or friend. Have them blindfold you before they prepare the items for tasting to make sure you have no idea what the items are. Of the foods you taste at least 2 should be from each taste sensation category. Taste each item individually. Make sure that your parent, guardian or friend takes notes using the template below for each food that you taste. For each item you have 3 guessing attempts. Once the test is complete, fill out your worksheet. If it takes you more than 3 attempts, tick ‘unable to identify’.
Food Name: Taste Sensation:
Guessed correctly on attempt: /3 Unable to Identify: ☐
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.