Temperate Deciduous Forests e-Honour
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
1. Describe or explain the following information about temperate deciduous forests:
a. In simple terms, describe a temperate deciduous forest.
b. List several characteristics of temperate deciduous forests.
c. Provide other names that are used for a temperate deciduous forest.
d. From a map, show the continents where temperate deciduous forests can be found.
e. Define biome. What biome is usually found north of a temperate deciduous forest?
2. Identify from pictures or in nature, four types of trees commonly found in temperate deciduous forests.
3. Explain why leaves turn color in the fall.
4. Read Genesis 1:11-13. Discover what Genesis 1 says about when the trees were created.
5. Identify from pictures or in nature, at least five species of flowering plants, commonly found in a temperate deciduous forest. Why are they usually only found in spring?
6. Identify from pictures or in nature, at least five species of mammals commonly found in the temperate deciduous forests.
7. Identify from pictures or in nature, at least five types of birds commonly found in temperate deciduous forests.
8. List important resources provided to your region by temperate deciduous forests.
9. Learn about one invasive species that affects temperate deciduous forests.
10. Prepare an object lesson about a plant, animal, or bird, which lives in temperate deciduous forests. Share this lesson in a group setting such as a club/unit worship, children’s story in church, campfire, or vespers.
11. Do at least three of the following activities:
a. Visit an exhibit or conservatory of deciduous tree species.
b. Make a collection of at least five types of leaves from temperate deciduous forest trees.
c. Visit a zoo or nature center where there are animals typical of the temperate deciduous forests biome.
d. Watch a video about temperate deciduous forests or plants or animals that live in temperate deciduous forests.
e. Draw or paint a picture of something you had fun learning about while studying temperate deciduous forests.
f. As a group, make a short video about a real life temperate deciduous forest conservation project. Explain why this specific habitat should be saved.
g. Visit a lumber store and learn to identify, by their grain texture, at least three species of trees that are deciduous..
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.