DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
1. Describe the ways in which trees and shrubs differ.
2. Collect and identify typical leaves from 15 different species of trees. Spread neatly, press dry, mount, and label in a suitable notebook or on uniform‑size sheets of paper.
3. Know your specimens from memory and upon request be able to identify similar specimens in the field.
4. Name two examples each of trees that have been named for:
a. What they are used.
b. The surroundings or environment in which they grow.
c. Some distinctive feature.
d. The geographic region in which they live.
e. Persons who first found and described them.
5. Give the common name and tell the difference between the two great classes of trees.
6. Describe the importance of forest conservation in your area.
7. Name several examples of the kinds of wood used in each of the following:
a. Flooring for houses
b. Common plywood
d. Ax handles
e. Fence posts
f. Railroad ties
g. Support beams for construction work
h. Bows and arrows
i. Ideal for use as kindling
j. Burn slowly and leave a bed of hot coals
8. Name two examples of each of trees which:
a. Grow best in wet or marsh places
b. Grow best at high levels in mountains
We suggest that for the presentation elements of the honour you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.