ADRA Hunger Relief e-HonourREQUIREMENTS
- Find a news report on the topic of world hunger and discuss with your Pathfinder Club unit what steps are being taken to reduce hunger in the area featured in the story.
- Listen to a person who directs food distribution in your area, including a church, community center, soup kitchen, etc. Find out about the people they serve, some causes of food needs in the community, and how they meet these needs. Share your findings with your instructor.
- Describe the causes of hunger in your country. You can do this by writing a short essay, doing a presentation, skit, or producing a one-minute video. Present this at your school, civic group, Pathfinder Club, or at church.
- Collect food items for the local community food bank or food distribution center, or if this is not possible select a family that needs assistance and bring the items to them.
- Visit a food bank, food distribution center, or soup kitchen and volunteer to assist the staff. This can be done with your Pathfinder group or unit. Talk with the staff to find out how the food is gathered and what some of the challenges are in finding food to distribute.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.