Child Care (Babysitting) e-Honour
Category: Spiritual, Outreach, Heritage
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION (large file)
DOWNLOAD THE PDF
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
- Be able to look after a baby during several hours in the absence of its mother.
- List all the precautions to be taken when preparing the baby’s bottle; prepare it and give it to the baby.
- Prepare, bathe, change and dress the baby.
- Prepare the baby’s bed and put it to bed for the night.
- Know how to weigh a baby and to fill in the weigh schedule form.
- Explain why breast-feeding is superior to bottle-feeding.
- What is weaning?
- What is the fontanel (soft spot)? At about what age does it disappear?
- Interview staff at a local day care centre regarding their organization and the help they offer to mothers.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.