WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION
DOWNLOAD THE PLANT ID SLIDES
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
NAME THE FLOWER PART QUIZ SHEET
FLOWER QUIZ SHEET ANSWERS
REQUIREMENTS1. Draw or photograph 35 kinds of flowers and identify them correctly. 2. Draw and properly label, or point out the actual parts of a flower: pistil, stamen, petal, sepal. 3. Name six flower families and their distinguishing characteristics. Name at least two flowers in each family. 4. Describe the life history of a particular flower, including the part played by insects or wind in pollination.
- Aster (Daisy)
- Internal links
- a. Arrange, draw or photograph a series of at least six flowers showing in order the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet.
- b. Submit fresh, pressed or dried flowers which have: five petals, four petals, three petals, no petals.
- c. Distinguish and name two out of five wild or cultivated flowers by their odor, while blindfolded.
- d. List flowers that you have observed being visited for food by the following:
- e. Watch a flower for at least ten minutes in the sunshine, and at least ten minutes after dusk, and report on insect visitors. State the number and kind of visitors and name of flower.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements for the requirements you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.