Mobile Technology e-Honour
WATCH THE ONLINE TUTORIAL
DOWNLOAD THE POWERPOINT
DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEET
- What is a mobile device? Provide four examples of a mobile device you may have seen or utilized.
- Draw a diagram showing how mobile technology uses cell sites (and why they use the word “cell”). Use this diagram to explain the factors that affect the following:
c. Location tracking
d. Call hand-off
- Discuss with a group some safety precautions that should be considered concerning the use of a mobile device.
- Create a list of different types of mobile devices.
a. Discuss with a group the advantages and disadvantages of each mobile device listed.
b. Discuss with a group how mobile devices can be used to spread the gospel of Jesus
- With a group, discuss ways in which mobile technology can be used to benefit society and industry such as:
b. Personal Recreation
c. Safety and Protection
e. Health Care
- Describe the following types of cell sites.
b. Off-grid System
c. Temporary Setup
- Illustrate through drawings, sketches, or photographs a cell tower. Be able to identify a cell tower in an open area.
- Create a speech, presentation, video, or game that illustrates what you have learned about mobile technology while earning this honor. Share your creation with a group.
- Discuss with a group some of the ways in which mobile technology can be integrated into ministry to share the gospel throughout the world.
- Discuss with a group how mobile technology can be used to enhance the following aspects of your spiritual life:
b. Inspirational songs
c. Prayer reminder
d. Join worship services
e. Share inspirational messages
- Discuss with a group how the following Bible passages apply to the use of mobile technology.
a. Matthew 24:14
b. 1 Corinthians 6:12
- Evaluate how being a Christian should affect your use of mobile technology. Be detailed and honest, taking into account what you have experienced in this honor. Share your evaluation in written form with a trusted friend or leader.
- Do the following individually or with a group:
a. Create a temporary contact list of your friends. Gain permission to send them a daily text message. At a selected time each day, share an inspirational text with those on the contact list for a minimum of one week. Respect any requests to be removed from the list.
b. Over a period of three worship services, evaluate when people use their devices during a worship service, and for what purposes.
We suggest that for the presentation elements of the honour you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes. If all is present and correct, your director can then decide if you may be awarded your honour.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online, print off the confirmation and include in your club folder.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.