My Senses e-Award (All grades)REQUIREMENTS
1. How many senses do you have, what are they and where are they located?
2. Why did God give us these senses?
3. Read a story in the Bible that talks about one of the senses and role play that story.
4. Discuss how it would feel to lose one of your senses?
5. How are each of our senses important to our safety?
6. Do an experiment for each of the five senses.
7. Make a “My Five Senses Book” or other craft depicting the five senses.
1. There are five senses. Have children point to their senses as you talk about them.
a. Hearing - ears
b. Smell - nose
c. Taste – mouth
d. Sight – eyes
e. Touch – skin
2. To enjoy life.
3. Examples: Hearing-I Samuel 1-3 Samuel & Eli, Sight-Mark 10 Bartimaeus, Touch –
Genesis 3 Adam & Eve, Taste-Luke 14 Great Feast, Smell-Genesis 25 Jacob & Esau
4. Have a discussion and watch a video, invite someone who has lost one of their senses to
talk to the kids.
5. Our sense of hearing allows us to hear alarms and danger sounds, smell helps us to
detect smoke, with touch we can feel something hot, with sight you can see danger
6. Search the internet for ideas, such as google, Pinterest, Learning Tree, etc.
7. Search the internet for ideas, such as google, Pinterest, Learning Tree, etc.
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements of the award you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online and print off the confirmation for your folders.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.