Pearly Gate e-Award
LIVE VIDEO RECORDING
This award is intended to make children aware of and look forward to the Second Coming and Heaven.
1. Find and read a promise of Jesus' Second Coming in the Bible.
2. Act out a parable from the Bible about Jesus' Second Coming.
3. Name a Bible book and chapter that describes Last Day events.
4. Make a list of the signs of Jesus' Second Coming, found in Matt. 24:3-14.
5. Describe Jesus' ascension of Heaven and tell how it is like or unlike the way He will return.
6. Find and read in the Bible a description of the Holy City or New Earth.
7. Complete and memorize John 14:2,3 using one of the following activities:
a. Fill in the blanks:
"In my Father's _______ are many _______; if it were not so I would have _____ ____. I go to _______ __ ______ for you. And if I go and _________________, I will _____ _____, and receive you unto ______; that where ______, there _____ may be also."
b. Put each word on an index card (one word/card), and have the children put the cards in order).
c. Help make a rebus of the memory verse; say the verse, with help from the rebus.
d. Hide pieces of the puzzle and make a game for the Parable of Lost Coins with them.
8. Close your eyes and imagine meeting Jesus at the Pearly Gate, then either draw a picture of what you imagined or create what the Pearly Gate would look like.
1. John 14:1-3; Acts 1:11
2. The Ten Virgins, Matt, 25:1-13; The Net, Matt. 13:47,48; The Wicked Tenants, Matt. 21:33; Mark 12:1-10; Luke 20:9-16; The Great Banquet, Luke 14:16-24; Matt. 22:1-14; The Lost Coin, Luke 15:8-10; The Narrow Door, Matt. 7:13,14; Luke 13:22-30; The Weeds, Matt. 24-30; The Lost Sheep, Luke 15:3-7; The Sower, Matt. 13:3-23; Others.
3. Matt. 24
4. False Christs (v.5), wars and fall of kingdoms (v.6-7), famine & earthquakes (v.7), persecution (9), turning away (v.10), false prophets (v.11), increased wickedness and love growing cold (v.12), gospel to all the world (v.14).
5. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18, Acts 1:1-8
6. Isaiah 65:17-25; Rev. 21, 22.
7. Provide heavy paper, markers, scissors.
8. Have available paper, markers/crayons, popsicle sticks, glitter, construction paper, pearls, foil, etc.
"In My Father's House."
"I'm Going to Heaven."
We suggest that for the presentation elements of the award you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online and print off the confirmation for your folders.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.