Safe Water e-Award (Helping Hand)REQUIREMENTS
- What stories in the Bible refer to drinking water?
- Where do we get safe drinking water from?
- List some ways to purify water and demonstrate one of the ways.
a. Strain and boil
b. Purification tablets
c. Water purification pump (such as ultra violet light or a mechanical pump)
- Why is water so important?
- Talk about the scarcity of water in areas. Do the following:
a. Watch a video on the needs of water from a country around the world.
b. Do an activity to help us appreciate how important water is.
c. Develop a water fetching skit to illustrate how many people in the word have to get their water every day.
- Do an outreach project to help people be able to have safe drinking water.
- Waters of Marah: Exodus 15:23, woman at the well: John 4:1-26 (Discuss how Jesus is the water of Life, our spiritual water), striking the rock, Numbers 20:1-29
- Purified sources: well, river, city water towers, lakes, underground aquafers
- You can search online for other ways and even show your children some of the ways.
- Health, life, cleanliness, plant growth, etc.
a.Search online for a video
b.Feed children something salty, discuss how thirsty that makes us, but then let children have water and explain how many boys and girls don’t have water to drink.
c.Search the internet to see how people carry water.
- Research area projects or organization such as ADRA
We suggest that if there are any presentation elements of the award you record a video of yourself and include it with your written assessment in your folder. Your director will check all your work when your club resumes.
Finished all your requirements? Complete this form online and print off the confirmation for your folders.
For all your Adventurer and Pathfinder supplies, please check your local conference and union shop. For unique BUC badges, supplies and much more, order from www.pfclub.co.uk.
We are not shipping at the moment, but you are able to place your orders online.